The following tips originate from http://www.projectkickstart.com/downloads/tips.cfm. You can either click the tip below that interests you or go to the site direct and browse at your leisure. I, myself, don’t profess to be a project management guru so if project management is your thing please feel free to suggest articles, blog posts or write your own tips. Get your ideas posted!
- Project Management Best Practices I: Plan the Work
- Project Management Best Practices II: Work the Plan
- What is the difference between defining a project and planning one?
- What constitutes a good goal statement?
- How to train new users of Project KickStart.
- What are the things I should be monitoring regularly on my projects?
- How to get support from managers?
- Project planning checklist
- Poor project communication will cause many projects to end unsuccessfully.
- Who updates the workplan?
- How should I deal with changes in my project?
- What should a good status report cover?
- What if your project is late because some managers fail to cooperate?
- If I’m afraid I might not be able to deliver every piece of my project by the deadline,
how can I get agreement on the priority of parts of the project?
- IT Project Success
- Planning to Build vs. Building the Plan