Office eco-efficiency can be improved by following these guidelines:
- Use computers for your data management whenever possible. Do not take unnecessary printouts, and print on both sides of the paper!
- Activate energy-saving settings on your computer and other office devices. Turn off devices at the end of the working day.
- Save energy in all possible ways. If you want to offset emissions generated by your consumption of energy, use Gold Standard-certified projects.
- Instead of arranging business trips, try to organise video- and telephone-conference calls. Offset emissions generated by any unavoidable business trips. Remember Gold Standard.
- Exercise on your way to work or use public transportation. Take advantage of any opportunities for teleworking.
- Eat vegetarian food and meals.
- Provide local services instead of goods as a business gift, incentive or bonus.
- Try to use less, re-use and recycle! Sort out your office waste.
- Procure the most eco-friendly products and services available. Favour renting and leasing contracts.
- Act in an environmentally friendly way in your free time too!
More information from: http://www2.wwf.fi/green_office/guidelines_for_the.html